Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Michael-isms

In case you didn't hear Michael's "I go crap" story, here it is...
Michael was helping me give Chris a bottle on the couch and "Go, Diego, Go!" comes on TV. Those of you familiar with children's TV know that this particular show has quite the snappy introduction tune (and the fact that Michael, my ball of energy, LOVES Diego has a bit to do with it, too). Michael jumps off the couch and, with wide eyes, a nodding head, and a very serious face, he says "I go CRAP, Mommy, ok? I go CRAP!" Of course, I am in shock at the language coming out of my angel's (HA!) mouth, and I say, "WHAT?!?!" Ever-so-seriously, Michael repeats to me, "I go CRAP!" Much to my relief, he turns toward the TV and begins to CLAP along to the tune.

Michael-ism #2:
Michael wakes up at 5:30 on the dot just about every morning... and he always wants something to drink right then and there. One morning last week, he was laying in bed with Daddy and tells him, "I need cup, Daddy. You get up. You go now. Rapidos!" Probably need to lay off the Dora and Diego, huh? ;-)

Michael-ism #3:
Our beloved Betty is in Nicaragua this week on a mission trip. We are so proud of her wonderful work! While she is away, her husband, Keith, is taking over her duties with all the kiddos. Michael has had a grand time! So, "Mis Keif" tells me that as the boys were playing outside, he called out to his son, Nico, to come back into the yard. Michael echoed Keith's "Nico!" with... "Ico Ryan Barnes!" Hmm... I think Michael hears 'Michael Ryan Barnes' quite a bit... Ha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! They definitely come up with some crazy phrases :o) Ah, toddlerhood - it's a good thing they're so darn cute! Keep those updates coming!

Tara said...

That is hilarious! I love hearing all of the Micheal-isms. He is a little character and I know Connor has a great time playing with him at Ms. Betty's. What would we do without her?!