Friday, June 12, 2009

Turbo

That's Michael's nickname at the ballpark. Turbo. Coach Rudy started calling Michael "Turbo" at the very first practice and the name stuck... Boy, oh boy, did he ever live up to the name last night! Every time he had the chance, he was running off somewhere! The poor dads had to keep chasing him down, so I pawned Chris off on Grana and took over the chasing. All of the spectators (for BOTH teams, mind you) were getting a good laugh! Although he did wear me out, at least he was in a good mood about the whole thing... he could have been running around and throwing a fit. Poor Todd got stuck on a job in Manchester (yes, Bonnaroo is this weekend and he's working in Manchester - yesterday he told me that "a hippie passed me on the interstate on rollerskates") and didn't make it in time for the game, which he was NOT happy about. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures because I was running around the ballpark after Turbo. Come to think of it, there was a man there with a LARGE camera - I figure he works for the local paper, so keep an eye out for silly pictures of us.

So, at the end of the game, the kids get a ticket to get a treat from the concession stand. Michael walked up to the girls at the counter, handed them his ticket, and said, "I need five dollars and my treat!" And if you've heard Michael talk, you know that he means what he says. Patty, Jeff, and I just about doubled over laughing!

I wanted to thank everyone who has been able to come see our little comedian play t-ball... Grana, Grumps, Uncle Jeff, Uncle "Boat" and Auntie Mille, Cousin Melissa, Ryan, Kendall, and Reid. We know that everyone has their own schedules and it means a lot when you are able to make it. We also appreciate it when you try to come and it just doesn't work out. The thought is there and we are thankful to have such wonderful families and friends. His next game is June 18th at 6:00 if you are interested in coming. :)

2 comments:

Betty said...

So laughing my head off right now!!! What a sight that must have been. It is never boring when Turbo is around!!! hope to see him in action soon.

Love and hugs,
Betty

Unknown said...

Turbo is perfect for your little man.. can't believe we didn't already think of it. He is a natural at playing ball and so cure! First time at the tee and he makes a base run!! GO MICHAEL! Love you all, Jan Jan